On Saturday, April 23, Nigeria’s First Lady invited presidential aspirants across political parties to an Iftar dinner.
While some presidential aspirants from the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) honoured the invitation, a good number did not attend the dinner.
Here is a list of prominent presidential aspirants who did not attend the dinner:
- Vice President Yemi Osinbajo (APC; represented by a former governor of Edo state, Prof. Oserheimen Osunbor)
- Minister of Transportation Rotimi Amaechi (APC)
- Senator Rochas Okorocha (APC)
- Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar (PDP)
- Former Senate President Bukola Saraki (PDP)
- Governor Nyesom Wike of River state (PDP)
- Governor Aminu Tambuwal of Sokoto state (PDP)
- Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom state (PDP)
- Former Ekiti Governor Ayo Fayose (PDP)
- Former Anambra Governor Peter Obi (PDP)
- Dele Momodu (PDP)
- Senator Anyim Pius Anyim (PDP)
Meanwhile, in what appears to be the main reason for inviting presidential aspirants to dinner, the wife of Nigeria’s president, Buhari, has urged political parties to always consider women as running mates to candidates contesting elections for various positions.
The first lady said this on Saturday night, April 23, when she hosted presidential aspirants from various political parties to a Ramadan (Iftar) breakfast at the State House, Abuja.
The post List of Prominent APC, PDP Presidential Aspirants Absent at Aisha Buhari’s Iftar Dinner appeared first on .